order new stuff at pets mart!!!!

GrImLoCk

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Aag Town
Visit site
hmmm ordering stuff online at petsmart much cheaper than the store...i bought my emperor 280 at the store for 50.00 and online its 32.99.....shipping like 6.99 but damn thats still 10.00 diffrence....that applies to all filters saw a ac 300 for 22.00 i think wow

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Hmmmm... strangely enough, the 5g hex we looked at earlier today was $5 more online than it was in the store. (and actually it was $5 cheaper at Walmart.) Petco had the same tank for $5 more than Petsmart.

Sometimes I get so lost with prices. Fish prices are even more of a mystery to me. Sometimes the LPS has better, bigger fish than the chains for less money. Sometimes the chains have vastly different prices for the same fish (up to $2 per fish).

I guess you just have to shop around :)

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2003
Springfield, MO
Shopping around helps a lot. I used to work for one of our lfs's and I can say the price of fish is totally set by the store. We used to stock powder blue tangs, we paid $16 from the wholesaler and then we turned around and sold the fish for 60 dollars. I actually saw the invoice in my managers office. After I found out that management was ripping people off that bad I could not work for or shop at that store anymore.

Jun 8, 2003
canada
clix.to
Well we just found out that if we order from the US Big Al's Site is a heck of a lot cheaper than the Big Al's Canada site. Even with the exchange rate.

We can order a heater for 6.99 US on the US site get it shipped to my hubby's parent's place in texas and still save 10.00!! Does this make any sence?? None whatsoever to me....

Petsmart is on its way to the next town over next month though...

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
hehe i remember that.:D we dont have petsmart here, just walmart and a bunch of rediculously priced lfs's. walmarts good for food(ie 9 oz. container of shrimp pellets for 3.75, my loaches likey:D, at the lfs a 1.8 oz container is 2.99) i only buy fish at the lfs's though, walmarts tanks are always in p.p. condition, and the fish are ALWAYS sick.