oh no!

Hazzamaya

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
My balloon mollys have got bulbouse white spots all over them and some have chunks of flesh popping out from under they're scales, some swim eratically, i kinda think its TB but i am not sure, please reply for i am only 12 and really worried about my fishy wishys :(

Jan 17, 2003
New York
Visit site
Based on what you said I have two guesses. One is ick. The definition is for raised white spots about the size of a grain of salt on the body and fins. It is usually the result of an attack by parasites on the fish. The other guess is body fungus. This can be caused by poor water quality(ph, any ammonia or nitrites in the water) or fighting among the fish. Try a common antibiotic or something as a last resort. I suggest try making water changes first. This has usually solved the problem in my case and the fish did the rest. Im not to sure what to make of the flesh popping out. It would probably be best to isolate the ones that are not infected. Make sure to check back and let us know how this went. Good Luck!

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
isolation....fast!

definitely take the sickie out and isolate him before it spreads, it could be stress related. (say, if he was getting picked on)let him spend some time alone in the hospital zone.
I would go ahead and add something to insure the others don't get infected if it is contagious and do a water change also. Good Luck