Not sure whats going on :(

Aug 13, 2011
www.betrsoutlets.com
Hey all! Im a newb here and I think I'm having a bit of a problem with my tank. Woke up this morning to find My two goldies swimming with there dorsal fin down, and swimming very radically and scraping themselves on the gravel. I was just wondering what this could be? Or if it can be easily treated with some Melafix, Or maybe some stress coat? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
Someone please jump in with more complete info.
What are your parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)? I'm still a beginner too, but I think it could be that your parameters are off, and they are becoming more susceptible to parasites or fungus, etc. do you see any other change in body condition? Make sure your water is ok (if not, do a larger water change to get things back on the right track. You may have to do this a few times a week depending on how bad it is), then try the melafix for the dosing period.
Good luck.

skjl47

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2010
Northeastern Tennessee.
Someone please jump in with more complete info.
What are your parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)? I'm still a beginner too, but I think it could be that your parameters are off, and they are becoming more susceptible to parasites or fungus, etc. do you see any other change in body condition? Make sure your water is ok (if not, do a larger water change to get things back on the right track. You may have to do this a few times a week depending on how bad it is), then try the melafix for the dosing period.
Good luck.
Hello; Poor Water parameters is a good place to start. Fish also rub on stuff when infested with the parasite called ick. I have not kept goldfish in a long while, but from reading posts gather that goldfish produce more biowaste than average fish which creates a challenge to keep the water clean. There is not enough information to go on to offer much in the way of a suggestion. Shotgunning with medication when guessing about a problem can work some times, but read the labels and do some research about how the medications react with the types of fish you have.