No p!nch!!ng!!

Aug 25, 2009
Tired of your crayfish injuring there tankmates,
WELL hERE"S SOME TIPS:
1.you can place elastic tubes or rubberband to prevent them from pinching there tankmates.
2.you can clip the pinchers but this! seems somewhat cruel*ALL*.
3.G!VE THEM THE!R OWN TANK!!!!!?>_<.

crayfish can eat there foods without there claw COZ' they have EXTRA limbs
and can gram there food from there mouth because of tiny L!mb-like parts in there mouth.

Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
I think the best option is the 3rd one, if people don't like the fact that crayfish will catch and eat fish, they should have done better research and not get them at all. Both the 1st and 2nd statements sounds extremely cruel to me. These are suppose to be pet after all. The crayfish uses its claws to eat and defend itself..so inhibiting their use in any way is wrong and if it is something the owner is considering doing they need to rethink the reason they got the crayfish in the first place.

Feb 27, 2009
I think the best option is the 3rd one, if people don't like the fact that crayfish will catch and eat fish, they should have done better research and not get them at all. Both the 1st and 2nd statements sounds extremely cruel to me. These are suppose to be pet after all. The crayfish uses its claws to eat and defend itself..so inhibiting their use in any way is wrong and if it is something the owner is considering doing they need to rethink the reason they got the crayfish in the first place.
I agree 100%. What a frustrating life it would be for the crayfish to not be able to do what comes natural. If we're taking these animals out of the wild (or even if captive bred), we have a moral obligation to provide them with what they need. Disabling them doesn't cut it. Just my 2cents.