"No More Algae" kills fish?

Oct 22, 2002
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D
there r always "tiny white dots" on my tank(inside). n "cloudy" things sitting under the big rocks.  since i m soooo nice ;) to my tiger barbs, green tiger barbs.. ( they r WONDERFUL fish! :-*)therefore, i bought "No More Algae".. but i dunno how to use it!!!  the direction of use is kinda confusing to me. it says "...DO NOT USE IN TANKS WITH LIVE PLANTS, SNAILS, OR OTHER INVERTEBRATES..."
then.. how m i supposted to use it? m i supposted to put in the pill when my fish r put in another tank? then how long should i wait till the time to replace them back into the tank??? or i can just leave my beloved fish in the tank when the pill is FIZZZZing in the water and killin the algae???
r snails good for algae problem?  :-/ :-/ :-/

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Stuff like that, well its useless. Get fish to combat your problem algae and use ro water when changing so that no algae causing nutrients are added.

Fish are vertebrates. Not invertebrates. Inverts are sensitive, fish aren't nearly as. You should be safe.

Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=ownedbykitten link=board=equipment&num=991722619&start=0#1 date=06/05/01 at 06:39:50]
Stuff like that, well its useless. Get fish to combat your problem algae and use ro water when changing so that no algae causing nutrients are added.

Fish are vertebrates. Not invertebrates. Inverts are sensitive, fish aren't nearly as. You should be safe.
[/quote]

"ro water"???

D

discusaquarium

try a pleco or some ottos they should clear up the problem in no time. :p

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yes I have some flagfish. The only thing with them is that they don't eat that algea that sticks on the side but the thread algea that sways around. You may want to consider that. Mine didn't have any thread algea so they started eating my plants. :'( Oh well they'll grow back. ;D

D

discusaquarium

it all depends...scary is different for some people lol ;D i would also go with ottos. they do a great job and look good too. take a look at some plecos and see if they scare you - more than likely they will :eek: 8)

Oct 22, 2002
wow thzzzz :D i wonder will my >:( agressive chinese golden algea eater will attack my new algea... i have a CGAE, 3 tiger barbs, 2 green tiger barbs, 2 sunset platy and 3 other fish look like blind tetra but i m sure that they have eyes n not blind they r one pink, one blue, one yellow. (what r they?) they all live in a 10 gallon fish tank wiz 3 plastic plants little rocks ar the bottom and 3 bigger rocks... will it be toooo crowed for them if i add more fish??? ::)