My Favorite Fish of All Time Has Died.

Leopardess

Superstar Fish
I don't feel like having to go through typing this up again. This is what I posted on another forum. I'm SOOOO sad:( (This goes with the post I posted in the Disease section)

"He has died.

I believe it was a more peaceful death than I was anticipating...even if I had euthanised him. As you know, I wasn't ready to do that because he was still going to the surface to breathe and did not look overly pained (whatever that is worth knowing that he did seem to have dropsy).

I hate watching thing suffer...but it hadn't seemed to have been at that point just yet.

Well, I swear it is like that fish knew. I just went to take a shower because I was getting ready to go get some meds for him. He was "okay" when I left.

I just got out of the shower, went to check on him, and noticed that he had passed. It sounds SO stupid but I really think he was waiting for me to leave (I had him here with me near the desk).

So, thanks for your help you guys."

He was beautiful.

millym

Medium Fish
Dec 15, 2003
london england
Visit site
i am so so sorry to hear about your loss.. i never until i got into fishkeeping could understand how attatched we can get to our little fishies. dont get me wrong ive always been an animal lover/rescuer but havent got into fishkeeping until quite recently & now i am soooooooo upset evertime we lose one.
hugs & kisses.