My DIY Tank/Stand

R

ronrca

:) I have pics of my tank/stand. Im really happy the way it turned out. The tank itself I bought at a lfs. The stand was build by my Dad who is a carpenter and I did try to help however. The decor of the tank was of course done by me. The driftwood is from my parents forset. The gravel from a local landscaping company. Any questions/comments are welcome.

R

ronrca

When you open my yahoo album, you can select what pic you like, then right click on the pic, open in new window and it will give you the jpeg link (I hope). It works for me anyways. Let me know if it works.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
i meant that you forgot to include a link so people can view your stand. i viewed it cause it was in the email.

;)

great looking stand btw. i was kinda confused about the backpiece that flipped out. but then i got it very cool.

n/m. if u click on the www you'll get to it.

R

ronrca

LoL. Which one, the red ones? Im not sure. I cant remember them all. The ones I do know are Amazon Swordplant, Giant Asparagus, Floating Philodendron
and Cabomba.

That is so cool. All the little contraptions on the stand are so neat. I love the frame around the tank sides too. And you did an excellent job on the aquascaping. It looks like a real stream somewhere. What fish do have in there so far? I saw some white clouds.

I wanted to make my own stand for my 55 gallon but my dad is not very good with wood. I ended up buying a metal stand and had to suck it up. It's not that pretty but it's all I could afford. I'm going to put some potted plants down there to make it look better.

We did manage to design and build a canopy for the tank so that I could have 4 4-foot fluorescents. He is very good with electronics. I'm going to take some pictures soon and put them up here.

I have two different kinds of philadendrons, but I've never seen one with slits in the leaves like that. It looks so cool.

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
'Lo Ronrca
WOW! Tell your dad he's a fabulous carpenter, and you did a great job aquascaping that puppy.  The tank corner trim is a great idea, and I like the back-tank foldout door.
Nice idea with the differnet sized rocks, too.  
What's the tank down below about?  Is that a sump or a sick tank?
Thanks for sharing.

R

ronrca

Thanks! My dad is really good at woodworking. I guess it should be since he is a carpenter by trade. The only fish I have in the 90G are the minnows. I debating if I should take them out and try the fishless cycle. The tank underneath is my hospital/quarentine tank 10G.

R

ronrca

You are correct! All the plants are plastic! I have attempted plants but I havent done enough research yet to successfully grow them :'(. But in the near future, that will be my next project. I didtn want to make a mess of the tank yet! I'll probably try plants with my 30G.

D

discusaquarium

Tank looks GREAT!! You did a wonderful job putting all that together. How long would you say it took to make? ??? Just wanted to say that it looked good, great job.
Joe

R

ronrca

The stand took the longest to make because my dad and I worked evening on it! I think it took something like 2-3 weeks once we had the design figured out. The aquascape took 2 days or so plus setting up. Im thinking of getting some real plants but unsure of which ones to start with. I also have to research growing plants yet.

R

ronrca

Thank you Damerf! I will tell my Dad to build you one. Where did you live? We should be able to deliver it in 3 weeks. It will only cost you $500,000  ;D 8) lol!