MY DISCUS LAID EGGS!!!

R

ronrca

Joe, good for you about the eggs but to bad it didnt work out. I know some of the ram eggs also were attacked by fungus especailly when I tried it remove the eggs and hatch them without the parents. I have read however about using something called Men. Blue, which I guess is anti-fungi. However, you have to remove the parents and the bio filter for a few days. Wish you luck in the future.

D

discusaquarium

my problem was that the male wasnt fertile...he's only about 10 months old - so maybe in a few months he'll be getting some fertile stuff on em. i've heard about the anti fungal treatments, but i'll use those when i actually have a fertile male. it turned out that he wasnt fertile in the end. man i was almost positive after the second day that they were, because they were still tan with a hint of black in them, but it could have just been my lighting. oh well hopefully they'll spawn again soon and i'll get some output :)

D

discusaquarium

YAHOO, they layed again. they're still laying now. lets see if anything happens this time

D

discusaquarium

im not sure, i turned the filter off thinking that the circulaton blew away the sperm...better luck this time hopefully