MY DISCUS LAID EGGS!!!

D

discusaquarium

hey all, yes you read right, my discus laid eggs. i'm almost positive they are fertile now. they were laid yesterday afternoon and all are still tan.  ;D ;D ;D cant wait to see what the turnout is. it is a mix between my nicest cobalt and a great golden sunrise, so results should be pretty nice looking. i will keep you all updated on what happens. WISH ME LUCK  ;)

D

discusaquarium

sorry i dont want to ship any...too much of a hassle. you are welcome to come and pick some out though if its not too much of a drive. pretty cheap prices here too.  ;) ::) ;D

D

discusaquarium

eggs? if you want pics of the eggs i'll get them. they arent hatched out yet.

D

discusaquarium

im not sure if they will as of right now - more and more are dying. still not sure if the male is fertile yet. will keep updated

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I want some! haha. Where do you live at discus? Just curious. If you do actually live close I would love to come and get some. ;D Good job. I hope the rest hatch for you. :D

D

discusaquarium

i live in MD ryan. its a pretty long drive from where you are man. out of about 100, 22 have been lost to fungus so far. tomorrow they should hatch out if they are fertile. tank is boxed off and all other tankmates are away. they laid on the filter intake tube. so when the wrigglers hatch i'll have to cover the intake so none get sucked up. eek hatch you eggs! nervous as ever.... ::)

D

discusaquarium

if they hatch out, yes, i'll let the parents raise them till a little smaller than dime size. from there, i'll move them to another tank and grow them out there.

D

discusaquarium

all eggs have now been attacked by fungus. eggs were removed and parents are back to normal. at least i know i have a fertile female. the male is the kicker... :-/