My buddies Frick & Frack

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
I have a brackishwater tank also..I know you shouldn't keep 8's and GS together but these two were at the LFS in the same tank and they looked pitiful so I brought them home, they get along great, no fighting and they hang out in the bubble curtain riding it. I've had them about 6 months and they have grown conciderably, I'm going to get them a bigger tank soon, any sudgestions on how big a tank? And should I keep them together or seperate them?<P>
<P> here they are hanging out

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Frick & Frack...cute *laughingc

They look so healthy with their pudgy little bellies.

They won't be able to live together long term - for one, they will grow considerbly different sizes (F8's - up to 3", GSP up to 6") thus requiring more gallonage per inch. Also - the GSP will require higher salinity as he gets older - full grown GSP's require full marine conditions. Here's an article by Pufferpunk :GSPsArt

From what I have read, full grown GSP's require 20-30 gallons per fish, so a nice 25-30 gallon tank would be good for him alone. I would eventually separate them into their own tanks. What size tank are they in right now?

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
They are in 10 gallon and I know they need a bigger tank, sg is 1.012, gradualy making it higher. but before I go I needed to know what size. They were in FW at the LFS and I just couldn't stand it knowing they wouldn't do well so I brought them home..I have alot of stands and equpt so all I need to get is the tanks. So say 30 gallon for GS? Sounds great.
GIS Guy..I have daughters, I'm afraid I didn't have much choice in picking the colors.. LOL!

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
ooohhh, yeah you're right Yahoofishkeeper, that salinity is rather high for F8's. And even high for the GSP at this point, as he is obviously a juvenile. If I were you, I lower it (gradually) to 1.006 - 1.008. That's all they need right now. The F8 will be happy with this salinity for the rest of his life, and the GSP will need it raised as he gets older. :)

I like the girly look!
They are like little princess puffers.