My BN Pleco is a lazy butt.

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
So... Davey Jones is a lazy butt. WHY?! WHY GOD WHY!?

I went to pet-co last night in a freak out. My 30 was COVERED in brown algea. So I bought a Golden Algea eater for it. Pretty little weirdo... Then I read that they will attack angels...

SO in the middle of the night I caught the little jerk out of my 30 and transfered him to the 20... He hadn't done much other than nearly clean the back wall. I then promptly put Zim, the Otto of doom, into the 30.

The tank is CLEAN this morning. Hurray for Zim!

Back to the point of the thread.
I've had Davey Jones for a while now... And he's lazy. Seriously.
He stays in his Tiki hut and comes out every blue moon to eat an algea wafer (I got worried about his health!) I never see him out, not even at night. He's constantly in his little hut... Always has been.

What's WRONG with him!? Sometimes I sware my angels just eat the algea wafers... he's always eating in the Tiki hut... never comes out, other than to sweep all his poo outside of his little home =_=

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
Hah. I bet you're right.
I've seen him out ONCE within the past month or so. I turned on the light when I woke up... and he was all "OH NO END OF THE WORLD!" and raced back to his tiki hut.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Nothings wrong with him. Sounds like normal BN behavior. They get a little lazy as they get older.

I noticed that if you keep a large school of tetras and no predatory style large fish you will see them come out more often. Especially at feeding time.

I have several species that I never see and more that I don't see if they don't have tetras in the tank.

Even then I have to sit next to the tank and be still. If they see me walking up to the tank they will dip back into their caves.

Rayneuki

Large Fish
May 29, 2008
Memphis, TN
Ah ok. That's good.

He tends to sweep all the poo out from under his Tiki hut, which is funny and kinna cute. Thanks much Pure! As long as I have an Otto I guess my tank will be algea free!

I seriously need to get a camera. Come in Razr screen, so I can fix you and use the camera on you!!!