My 70 gal planted

Cyberfish

Large Fish
Feb 20, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Here's my 70 gal planted. Plants were chosen for their easy care and low maintenance, no stem plants.

SPECS:
-lighting: 2 shoplight fixtures(4x 40 watts). 2x GE ultra daylight, GE plant and aquarium and GE sunshine/chroma. 11 hr duration

-substrate: flourite

-filter: Eheim 2224

-co2: DIY shot into filter intake, change the batch maybe once a month, since I'm not growing difficult plants.

-fertlizer: jobbes, I think once every 3 months, I don't really keep track.

-25% water change once a week using Prime water conditioner.

Plants:
-Amazon swords (barthii, rubin, marthii(?))
-Anubias (barteri, nana, coffeefolia)
-java fern (regular(some large), windelov)
-java moss
-dwarf sag
-cryptocoryne (balansae, beckettii ''petchii'')
-crystal val

Fish:
20x neon tetras
6x cardinal tetras
7x columbian blue flame tetras
8x bloodfin tetras
5x black widow tetras
2x diamond tetras
2x congo tetras
2x silver hatchets
4x cherry barbs
6x bronze corys
2x corydoras trillenatus
4x siamese algae eaters
1x curvicep
1x black molly
2x dwarf guorami
9x harlequin rasboras
+ a few otos

Feb 23, 2003
Naples Fl.
www.millevolte.com
I kept wild ones with neons, rummynose, and sunburst platties from LFS and they all got along fine. The Flag-Fish will establish their place in pecking order however as they will eat just about anything. They spend most the time cleaning plants much like Sailfin Mollies and will eat plenty of fish food. Get the smallest juvs you can. They will school up untill they get bigger and their colors will develop b 4 your eyes. They will get quite vibrant in that tank. I think they are a great fish. My males are perfect specimens. They definately don't require much of an investment. The ones on my site are a bit more than LFS because I can hand pick the juveniles from literally thousands. I look for the juvs with the most green and orange specks as these seem to turn into males or at least brightly colored females. They are very difficult to sex untill they mature.

Some of the Male Sailfin Mollies I have been catching from a drying out canel down the street have been spectacular. Nothing like I have ever seen in LFSs.

Last edited:

Cyberfish

Large Fish
Feb 20, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
lighting are 2 shop light fixtures, for the specific bulbs check the specs in my first post.
The spade shaped plants are the various anubias, and the short grassy plants are the dwarf sags. Yep all the fish are peaceful.