More Fish Issues!!!

Jbass88

Small Fish
Apr 13, 2013
Grand Blanc
My goldfish doesnt look well... I just preformed a 75% water change. He is floating at the top corner of the tank moving lazily. He has moments of energy but is mostly just there gulping at the top of the water. I don't believe its an air problem tho may be but from what ive read he may be constipated, so i fed him a pea and he did eat a bit of it tho wouldn't touch the flakes earlier... Is my fish in immidiate danger and is the pea trick all i can or should do at this time??

thanks again

also my alkalinity is high (onlything off in the tank atm after water change) i dont know if that affecting him or not either

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Be sure your temperature is staying the range you said was what it should be for goldfish and I noticed you also said that when the temps were high your other readings "spiked" I don't know what that means but obviously your fish has been very stressed by all this. Water that was too warm doesn't hold as much oxygen and you do have 7 fish in that tank.

Jbass88

Small Fish
Apr 13, 2013
Grand Blanc
true true hes never acted like this before either but temps were lower (closer to 72). It may be part of his healing process for all i know he is healing from prior ammonia burns (blackness is fading his color looks better) as for the spikes my ammonia was up (turns out my test strips where ruined) and nitrite was a bit high (those strips where fine) so thus the call for the water change... all i can do at this point is wait it out and hope he gets better. If there is anything else i can do please advise. Thanks again for all the help :)

Jbass88

Small Fish
Apr 13, 2013
Grand Blanc
a very warm room... cant help my goldfish now he passed away last night found him dead in the water today :-(

next time i get a goldfish ill be starting it off in a larger tank

Jbass88

Small Fish
Apr 13, 2013
Grand Blanc
Whatcha gonna do casualties happen when learning unforchantly. I researched and researched and did my best to save him. When i get the proper set up ill get a new goldfish.