More discus pictures... and I finally have my German discus!

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Final is the fish room in progress...

It looks pretty bad, and it needs alot of work.. but heaters and tanks are coming so look for updated pics soon!

Right now it contains 2 breeding discus pairs, 2 krib pairs, a guppy whore house (hehe), and some other misc things. The other discus are in the front and some others in my room. I plan to move them all back there in the coming weeks.

Also it looks like that shelf is not very stable, but actually we reinforced with 2x4s, so it is able to handle that weight.

Tanks coming are the 75, 55, 33, and i will be filling up the tens, above the 2 29's in the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Originally posted by bigfoot150
Wow that discus tank looks scary setting on that shelf. How well does that shelf hold that tank? It looks like one of the shelfs you see at walmart or the grocery store and I know those can hold that much weight.

They are reinforced with 2x4's so they should be fine. This is just temporary, I plan to build a 2x4 rack soon for them, but for now it should hold. It can actually support probably around 300+lbs on the tops shelves, and even more on the bottom.

Cman:

Hans is in the US now, working with Joe on the new set up. Shipping was actually pretty cheap, around $40.00.

All in all I LOVE these fish!

*crazysmil