Money to spend!!!

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
ok gang...heres whats up.  I'm selling my 2 horses....so Im gonna have some money to spend.  and...I NEED YOUR HELP!!  I "should" pay off my credit card....but thats no fun.  I want to add another tank.  Im thinking maybe a heavily planted tank...but first..here is what I already have...
40 gallon with gouramis, rams, and cory cats
38 gallon with a million guppies, clown loach, and a few other live bearing fish
1 10 gallon with my female bettas
5 gallon with 3 female show bettas
10 gallon betta breeding tank
5 gallon tank for rearing plant bulbs
10 gallon fry tank
And several mason jars with male bettas
:)

Im going to have around 2,000 bucks.  I want to get the most for my money!  And get good products that will last!  there is a 120 gallon tank at my lfs for 1000 bucks.  It includes the stand, tank, and canopy.  Is that a good deal?

All of your ideas are greatly appreciated!

Also, I was thinking of setting up a small saltwater tank.  I used to have a 55 gallon saltwater..but it was to much work.  I was thinking of one of those eclipse 12 tanks...with live rock and all that....what do you guys think?

I cant wait to hear your ideas!

Thanks!!

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I am a salt expert :), I am strongly against marine tanks smaller than 29g containing fish. A reef can be done in an eclipse 12, but no fish. A properly setup marine tank should be less work than an fw of equivilent size.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
The had a nice 120 gallon here with a slight chip on the molding around it, not the glass for 600 with stand. 1200 seams a tad high for 120. The canopy have lights? Well wheather you go salt water reef tank, or all planted, you will need some nice lighting.
Depending on what you do it can cost more than your other items you may be looking for.
 I would say a plant tank would be rewarding.A salt water reef tank is a masterpiece...or it could be a complete bust , if you dont read up on it, buy the proper equipment, and keep it in check till you have a good idea what is going on in the envirnment of the tank.

Starting cost will be greater for A reef tank, than a planted tank. A salt fish only tank wont be too much however.

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=Bettaman_shane link=board=freshwatergeneral&num=986958104&start=0#7 date=04/11/01 at 15:56:36]
7000 g thats huge what r u goin to put in it ??? :eek:
[/quote]

Sharks  ;)