Malaysian Trumpet Snails

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
ha, i've got malaysian trumpet snails coming out of my ears! if you get a few dozen you'll soon have hundreds. They're great though, they look cool and dont distrub plants.

the thing is you'll never see them in the day, but at night they'll literally be everywhere *crazysmil

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Yah!!! Thanks Tom. The snails made it yesterday. They had a long cold trip and the water was real cold. I didn't have much time to acclimate these guys, I actually just pulled them out of the cold water and threw them into my tank as they came 20 minutes before I left for work. When I got home from work last night all but 3 or 4 had buried themsleves already and the remaining ones have moved on as well. It was 100% for survival rate. Thanks again Tom, it is good to have people like you in this community.

kayliwolf76

Medium Fish
Mar 3, 2009
Snails!!!!!!

I have some sort of snail that i guess came in hiding on plants. I hate them and want to get rid of them but the stuff that kills them will kill RCS and Ghost. Any ideas how to get rid of them.:mad:

JLW

Small Fish
Jun 28, 2008
Washington State
kayliwolf, you might want to look into getting some Yoyo Loaches, or ask a LFS if other loaches might work for your situation, they will gobble them badboys up. Ramshorn snails are cool, but i only have 1 in each tank, no way i want 100's of them things in my tank, they are a nuisance.