Making Fake Coral

Cola

New Fish
Sep 2, 2009
Hello everyone, I am looking to make fake coral, but not for a fish tank. I am the Sophomore Class President at my school and we are building a homecoming float. We are looking to build fake coral, or anything that can make it look realistic on the sea floor. Hopefully someone can suggest a cheap way to do so. Everything I have found deals with some expensive materials, and we can't afford to spend money like that.

Any ideas?

Also, remember, there will be no real fish used so toxins do not matter.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
ummmm lol. I'd say a pvc framework or some scrap steel/aluminum if u can find it. anything to give it a general shape. then lay chicken wire on top of the frame to shape out what u want. then on top of that u can use papermeshe not sure on the spelling. but get some cheap walpaper glue and then soak sheets of newspaper in it and lay that accross ur chicken wire. bout 3-5 sheets thick letting the layers dry between adding more. there u will have ur base. then just about anyhting will work for texture. u can use oranges sliced in half and attach them cut side down and paint over the rind. basicly anything u can find that looks good can be used. use ur imagination. thats the best I can tell you off hand. good luck