Made a cube....can it be usefull?

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
My strange little turtle doesn't like the water... -.-
My baby box does, so I'm going to fill it with rocks and try to find a smallish rectangular dish that I can fill for them....but the picture in my mind probably doesn't exist :p

Also, do you think I should boil the sand? I've heard that there can be nasty parasites living in that play sand >.<

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
It was for a project
(Informational cube about a novel)
And she didn't have time to make us present them and greade them
So it's going to be after the holidays

Also..***UPDATE***

I got a dozen shrimp today
THEY FINALLY GOT SOME IN STOCK!!
and a Java Fern
It's all in a breeder's box in the 35 right now
Any suggestions on how to transfer them?

epond83

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
Just a word of warning, silcone usually doesn't hold onto plexi very well or very long. I've used the two together, some times it works well Plexi to glass (with a fat bead) and other times not so well, plexi to plexi (smaller bead)

In the future i plan to use super glue or some sort of glues for plexi that actually melts and bods the two pieces.

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
Okay, so I haven't been on in a while, but here's an update:
The cube failed...as Epond83 said, the silicon and pexi didn't stick and the cube leaked overnight v.v
But the shrimp have all died as well...not sure how...but the tank they were in is torn down now

waterguy1

Large Fish
Aug 2, 2009
I don't know if it's too late, but I just wanna say that I don't think ADF would be a good choice. They are very easy to feed in my opinion, just give em some freeze dried blood worms or brine shrimp, but they are very messy. You should probably have a better filter that I box filter. I kept a pair for years and years with a power filter.