Live rock Question

ok, about the Lr, remember that livgerock is infested with M.I.C.R.O.S.C.O.P.I.C. ORGANISMS, that means u cant see them;YOU NEED A MICROSCOPRE lol. But that doesnt meant hat u wont have some critters that u can see down there, its possible, but dont count on it. No, it wont matter if you add LR of a diff kind tomorrow, but remember, you must cluture it to ur water from the point that u go this LR, not the other...or soemwhere in between., just set ur cycling clock back a couple days, lol.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Depending how the rock shipped and were it came from, larger organisms wil start poping up once the tank ages a little bit. This could be algaes, some little coral polyps, crabs, and other crustaceans. You can add more rock, but like Zanoshano said it will set the cycling a few days back.

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
LOL I'm not that dumb lol i understand that they are microscopic zanoshano..lol but i jsut read other places people seeing creaturs moving around after a few days...maybe mine is just crap..lol ya i think my largest rock is changing colors from whitish purple to a yellow shade...idk what is it means but I'm optimistic its good

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If it decen you should see stuff pretty quickly.

The purple going yellow sounds like some coralline dying back, which is normal when you move tank

Shipley18

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2004
Visit site
ya i saw litle stuff a few days ago an di just went to a LFS that wasn't so local..lol 45 min drive to look at saltwater fishes damn i knew they were expensive but i never would have imagined 80 bucks for one fish but hey its worth it! i was gonna buy a small peppermint shrimphow would it do on a 45 minute trip..what do you guys suggest?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
except that you exhale CO2...

consider that these animals ship overnight (or longer) in a bag...45 minutes is virtually nothing, keeping the temperature stable is more important...furthermore, shrimp don't use a lot of oxygen

Oct 31, 2004
Monterey Park CA
Visit site
Well... peppermint shrimp are known to eat aptaisia which is a small little anenome thing... If' your planning to make it into a nano which would probably have some sort of polyp then you should beware... Peppermint shrimp have been known to eat yellow polyps, button polyps, zooathinds, and other poylp corals... Also with a 15 watt 50/50 you won't be able to grow many corals and the ones you do will probably be struggling... I suggest instead of getting peppermints go with what 1979camaro said and get some snails and small hermits to help with algae control... If you want to grow hardy corals try mushrooms but put them near the top of your tank unless you upgrade your lighting then put them near the bottom... HTH *SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL*SUPERSMIL