Lighting Options..questions

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Looking for some lighting options for a planted tank. I wanna be able to not burn basic plants and keep some med-high light plants.
I will be using this wit a CO2 system too.
No matter how many stickies I read and things...none of it makes sense to me
Have a 29g though...

This is from looking on Amazon...
-Two of these?? Coralife 58121 Aqualight T5 Freshwater Dual Lamp Fixture, 30-Inch
-One of these? Zoo Med AquaSun T5-HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood, 30-Inch
-one of these? 30 in. AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture - 4 T5 HO lamps and 2 Lunar LEDs
-one of these? Coralife 08605 Lunar Aqualight High Output T5 Quad Lamp FixtLure, 30-Inch

i am confused! i dont see the difference really between them all...all I know is wattage. Yes, here I am admitting I DONT KNOW...

Feb 27, 2009
29 gallon tanks are hard to light because of their depth. Do you links to those lights? Not sure what watts they are.

What 'CO2 System' are you using?

Too bad you aren't near me. I am selling a single bulb (55watts) and a dual bulb (2x55watts + moonlights) fixture on craigslist. I used them for a 29gallon and 20 gallon long.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
copy and paste the name into google should pull up (my internet is super dooper (borrowed) slow)...most are t5 with 18-24w...my dad offered me a 400w SW halide light as a joke. be sooo nice if i have like...a giant tank. :)

and ya...i never worried about lighting to much...had lights my dad had made on my old 75g and it thrived great...but he is using them for his plants now....

and i dont have a co2 system yet, thats next on the list to research. i had tried a DIY one and it never worked right for some reason and i just ended up drinking it <.< dont ask...virgowolf may sell me hers, if she ever gets around to telling me wha kind it is :) she got it for a 220 so i think itll be extremely excessive! but i wanna go bigger once were out of the apartment and wanna do things right the first time.