Lamps for Eclipse 12 bow front

equinom

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
The Blue Planet
I have been searching for replacements for my Eclipse 12 bow front and come up empty.  Been considering live plants, but when I sat down to calculate the light, I came up shy.  (13 watt, 5000K lamp - I should have 1 more of the same, or around a 20 - 25 watt lamp)
I just got a BigAls catalogue - and it had a listing for the original lamp but said it was not available.  The other lamps (compacts) were too long (the lamp included in the Eclipse is only about 6 inches)  
There is an "outline" in the hood that looks like there is a different lighting fixture that can be added - appears to be twice as long as the original.  Have not been able to find any information on that either.  Suggestions?
I know - you guys all said the Eclipse systems locked you in so you couldn't do much with them.  It's too bad I didn't find that out before we bought it.  But I have to work with what I've got.  

Oct 22, 2002
Silver Spring, MD
i dunno if this will work with a small tank like urs but i've seen online they used power compacts it's the small ones about 6" and they are good for getting alot of lights u can also try low light plants java moss, java fern are good for lowlight tanks there might be others out there that are good lowlight plants but i know those plants i mentioned are good

equinom

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
The Blue Planet
I did some additional searching, and found a few other sites that had aqua plant information.  I was able to find a ballast kit and lamp for $20, compared to the $60 for the Supernova.  There even were photos showing how the upgrade was performed.  
Hooray!!