knight gobys

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
the brackish is up with live plants, mangrove root looking decorations, and knight gobys.

any thoughts on the husbandry of these little guys?

also, we need to get this brackish area going, not many posts here :)

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Cool man thanks! Any info is of cource welcome. Im happy to say mine are eating completely fine, They really enjoy tropical flake, lucky for me lol. but thats what they had been used to eating for ages at the lfs, im slowly going to introduce them to other live foods.

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
i'ts been a couple weeks now. the tank is cycling out fine. the gobys are doing EXTREMELY well. I've been watching the fish and the cycle closely as to make sure the gobys can handle the cycle. They are eating great, even eating flake. They seem to LOVE it. I've got a small two gallon setup with line brine i feed them every so often. Some of the plants i tried didnt take to the salt so i had to pull them, but i've gott a java fern thats doing well and the mondo grass appears to be fine, but im watching it closely.

Im thinking of adding 2 mollies. any thoughts?

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
i imagine the ones at the pet store are younger. Give them time. Also, i imagine the tank at the petshop their at isnt brackish. That could have something to do with it. I've also noticed that in males, when stressed, they will loose some colour, but when calm and setup in a permanent tank, they will show the colour again.

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
I've not bred them yet, but the tank conditions i have setup for them are ideal for breeding so ill see what happens. They are cave breeders as well, they spawn on cave ceilings :)

rotifers are microscopic aquatic inverts.

Last edited:

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
how big are they? might take some time for them to show signs of sexual differences. females = less blue on dorsal fins, larger bellies, darker in color ( i think ) males = slimmer, taller dorsal fins, more blue, lighter.