Just an update...

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
I've decided to sell ALL my mollies and swordtails in my two 55 gallons and replace them with cichlids. I'm tired of all the babies they produce and its just time for something new, a little flashy and more interesting.
Anyone have any ideas of what cichlids I should put in them? I would like to stay with africans like whats in my 75 gallon.
I would love some Frontosas but i think they get a little big to be put in a 55 gallon.
Opinions apreaciated!

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
All mollies/swordtails GONE! I've started putting some cichlids in. So far i have 6 Demasonis in one of the 55gs, moved the rusty and a little peacock that were in the 75g and put them in the other 55g along with buying an OB Peacock and what i thought was some sort of afra but seems to be a hybrid.
After moving fish around and getting them settled i now have a red zebra holding. Wish me luck, last time she swollowed at day 4.

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
Yeah, that OB is pretty cool. My demasonis, im worried about whether or not they came from the same "litter" if thats what you call it. I got them all from the same tank and their all about the same size, about 2 inches, so too small to tell if thier male female. By just the looks though I think theres 4 females to 2 males. What i think are males have the brighter blue and black, females are duller. I sapose when im able to tell for sure ill have to sell/trade the females so theres no possible imbreeding.

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
Well to late to split them now lol. Already have a female holding. Plus i havent been able to get to my regular fish store to find anymore. So we'll see how it goes.
Red Zebra is holding again, last time she ate again. Sold the big male red shoulder that was bullying everyone about two weeks ago so hopefully she'll be a little less stressed.

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
Yep now the red shoulder is gone the red zebra male has become a bully. Thinking tonight I'm gonna do some swithching around with fish.
Demasoni fry are about a week and a half old now. She had between 20 and 30. Pretty good for her first time. Red zebra female still holding. Shes got 4 days left before i strip her if she doesnt spit before then. Had to move her to another tank because of the male, and now she seems quite relaxed. Worried about whats going to happen when i put her back in with him. I'll have to move things around in his tank so he'll have to find a new territory right before I put her in.
I now have another demasoni female holding, and she has a mouth full! Had to find another tank last night just for a grow out for all these fry im having all of a sudden. 30 gallon with stand for $40. No hood or light but I'm sure i can find one. Ording a sponge filter and a heater for it. So thats 6 tanks and I'm sure it wont end there. Lol. Darn MTS!