Jungle Reels on Discovery worth watching

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
There's a show on the discovery channel in Europe called Jungle Reels about a guy who gos fishing for arapaima in the Upper Amazon. I can fully recommend this to anyone who wants to see a lot of very big fish (up to 4 metres) in their biotope. Lots of very big arowana, red tails, cichla and some astoundingly nasty looking pim catfish, as well as comparatively tame piranha, pacu, timbacu and cichlids. Plus arapiama.
Co starring 2 foot long plecs by the hundred

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
hmm never heard of jungle reels. i watch every show on discovery and that new national geoghraphic channel about the amazonion aquatic life. they showed HUGE fish in one episode of a show (cant remember the name of the show). the electric eel shows are cool. they talk about mainly the eels, but also other electric fish from the amazon. very interresting.

Purple

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Hampshire UK
Visit site
I had our TV section pull a copy of this video - I got a VHS copy of episode one. 30 mins of faffing about - and hey - they caught one Piranah!

Not sure I have the patience to troll through 3 hrs of tape to find the bit that has the fish in it. I have tanks with more fish in than that prog.

Might be worth watching if you have the channel - but not worth chasing after