Java Moss Shipped to your home....

Oct 22, 2002
Here in mexico it's difficult to find java moss, i have asked for it in about 10 pets stores, but they told me that this plant it's hard to keep alive in hot cities, here in monterrey we have from now and till october temperatures over 30 C getting in july over 40 C.

so i thougth to buy some by internet and delivery then to texas where my granfhater lives, and then take them into mexico and drive for about 3 hours to get to my home...

my question is if java moss will survive the S&H, and then the trip to monterrey, i'm thinkung about 4 or 5 days with the plant inside the bag?

and if java moss will survive to the weather of the city, of course inside the tnak keeping the tank in the mid 20's C of temperature?

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
java moss will pretty much survive anything. just like them roaches. java moss is a very very hardy plant so i wouldn't worry about it. i remember someone had some in a bucket in the dark for a few weeks and when he looked at it again, it actually grew a bit. so i wouldn't worry.

Oct 22, 2002
There is a pets-mart in mcallen, does anyone knows if they have java moss?.... because then i don's have to make the plant suffer by a S&H and also the plant will be fresh and i she just have to make the 3 hours travel to my home....

D

discusaquarium

nada, y tu?
gonzales,
you dont need to go through all that trouble, java moss is as tough as nails. if i were you, i would save myself the drive, and have someone send it to your grandfathers house. i cant seem to find any around here anymore but i do have a piece that is in my tank. if i could find some around here i would be sure to send it to you, but there is none to be found.  8)
Joe

scrimman

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.caprok.net
Sorry Gonzo, but I can tell you for a fact that our McAllen Petsmart doesn't carry Java Moss.  They say they've never carried it. >:( Lo siento.

I'm supposedly getting some Java Moss from AZgardens.com here in the near future. If what I'm getting isn't too tiny I'll split some off and get ahold of you so I can find your grandfather. What have you found that survives down here?