Small Fish
Sep 24, 2011
IMG_0944.jpg IMG_0945.jpg IMG_0946.jpg IMG_0947.jpg IMG_0948.jpg

[video=youtube;qvUWp4Rdkkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvUWp4Rdkkg[/video]

I just want to know if my blue platy is pregnant? please help:confused:

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2011
underwater
We can't really tell at this point because its belly isn't that big yet. Also I didn't see any other Blue Platies in the tank, and I don't think your yellow platy (I'm not an expert on platies) will breed with it.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I do believe that platys will breed with any colored platy otherwise how would they get all those different colors? I have heard they will cross breed with swords because they are also in the same family. I don't think fish of the same family are color biased. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Feb 27, 2009
I didn't see any other Blue Platies in the tank, and I don't think your yellow platy (I'm not an expert on platies) will breed with it.
The different colored platies are just color morphs of the platy, all can breed together. It is like breeding a chocolate lab with a yellow lab. May not know what color the pups will be, but they breed just fine.

Feb 27, 2009
I do believe that platys will breed with any colored platy otherwise how would they get all those different colors? I have heard they will cross breed with swords because they are also in the same family. I don't think fish of the same family are color biased. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Correct on all points, Thyra. Platy/sword crosses are usually sterile though (like horse/donkey crosses...a mule...is usually sterile).

mrl00l

Small Fish
Sep 24, 2011
Thanks guys for the feedback. Actually I found one baby platy yesterday, but I didn't find more! I thought maybe this
little guy came too early, because I believe this time it's my Mickey-Mouse platy. Her belly still big; I know usually their
bellies become flat after they give birth. I only found one but I'm happy :D, Still want more, any ideas?

Oct 22, 2011
can guppy fry breed with each other by any chance. my guppys had fry about 7 8 weeks ago and some of the fry have gravid spot allready im not sure and im new on here so didnt no where to post this lol. ps hello all