Indo-Pacific Tarpon

FiSh15

Small Fish
Mar 28, 2004
guam
Visit site
i just got an indo-pacific tarpon the other day. it's about 4 inches long and it's with a peacock bass about 7 inches long. i was wondering if there's anything that anyone would like to share with me about this fish. all i've heard so far is that it gets pretty big. thanks.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
They can live in salt or freshwater. They do grow slow but the Florida state record for Tarpon is 243lbs so.....maybe a bigger tank? :) Average for a fisherman is 40-50lbs.

The Indo-Pacific Tarpon can reach 60" and weigh between 32 and 40 pounds.

The Indo-Pacific Tarpon (Megalops cyprinoides) is a little smaller than the Florida Tarpon (Megalops atlanticus)

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I think you're in for a surprise - most fish of that size will grow at least an inch a month and possibly an inch a week till they're 2 feet or so long. I've never kept a tarpon, but I doubt you're under feeding it, and it won't be wasting much energy swimming in a 55

FiSh15

Small Fish
Mar 28, 2004
guam
Visit site
bad news. my tarpon died. i got home from work and he was laying on the bottom of the tank. he had somereally weird sore on his mouth and it looked like its left eye was popping out. the other fish didn't even want to go near it. this really sucks.