ID this fish

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
just picked them up tuesday and can't remember what my lfs called them. these pics don't show great body color but they kinda have a pink body. and the larger ones my lfs is going to try to breed have a vibrant pink color. but an ID would be great. thanks

Attachments

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
anyone have any idea what it is? my LFS bought it as a butterfly fish and they even admit thats not what it is. they been trying to research it to find out exactly what it is themselves. so any info would be great in regards to what it is.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
hhhhhmmmmm ok then. well I guess I'll have to evac my catfish then. as well as most other fish. do u know if they prefer sand or gravel? and do they nest in the open or in a cave?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
maybe I should have went to yahoo before my last post lol. egg layers, and a major schooling fish with their own young after they pair off. which my 2 are paired up so thats a start. I do want to spawn these so if there is any info u guys can give me to help me out I'm all ears, well besides the fact I'll have to do a species specific tank it looks like. but that aint going to happen till I get back from aruba.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Brichardis are extremely easy to breed. Just put them in a tank and let them get on with it. At least, that's been my experience with them. They do care for their fry, and when you get a colony going, the younger fish/juvies also care for new fry.

My biggest problem with them is that they breed almost too easily. I ended up with a tank full of them. They're gorgeous fish, but they do breed rather fast, IMO. If you have a store that wants them or a local club with a lot of members, you should be able to find homes.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
my favorite store wants me to breed them cause they want more. they sold them to me for $5 each when they should have been $20 for the pair cause they know I'm a loyal costomer and I've proven myself a decent breeder.

don't know if there are any fish clubs near the quad cities but it's been something I been thinking about trying to find for that kinda oppertunity, as well as the oppertunity to get fish that are not sold in any shops around here.