I Miss You Cody

Apr 13, 2004
Philly
Visit site
After having Cody, my beautiful blue Betta Splenda, for 9 months, he died.

He lived through bad water, ich and died the day I put him in his new aquarium. The water was tested and it was fine. I was so excited!

After swimming around for an hour, he went into a concave section underneath a sunken city I put in his tank. He never came out. I figured he didn't like the air bubbles or the current from the filter (it was pretty mild) and was hiding.

I was going to put him back into his bowl (which he loved) when I got home from work. My boyfriend got home before me, found him and buried him in the backyard. (He knew I was going to be upset)

I'm going to miss him coming to the front of his bowl and wiggling his fins to greet me when I called out his name. He responded to his name better than my dogs!

He'll be missed!!!

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
sorry to hear that.i find that the jump from bowl to tank can be tough on some bettas.don't give up though.try looking into a 2.5 gallon tank for bettas.they come in quite a few shapes and and any micro power filter will be perfect.air bubbles and big filters are not needed(although some bettas love it)