I had to put two fish in QT

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
I had to put two fish in QT, a severum from the 220g and a small uaru from the 150g

lets start with the severum, for about a month now she has been growing what looks like anchor worms they would get large enough to see and then disappear, I should also add she is a green severum and with the problem shes had her color is almost black, but since shes been in QT her color is back to normal and at this time she only has one visible growth, I have used no meds she is in a no heat environment with a low dose of salt and lots of water changes. (severum has been in QT for about a week)

Now for the uaru she is a new addition and was purchased as 1 of 2 I noticed at the fish store she looked a little stressed and had two small white patches one behind a dorsal fin and one between her eyes center of forehead now that the patches are gone it looks like it could be hole in the head. (uaru was put in QT today)

Both fish are in the same QT tank, question is should I stick with the same (no heat environment with a low dose of salt and lots of water changes) or should I be doing something else be fore things take a turn for the worse.

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
The severum has been eating much better since the uaru was added, both fish are looking better, I also decided to dose with melafix today, do to the uarus chapped and frayed fins.