I could use some quick advice concerning ICH

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
I could use some quick advice concerning ICH
The Balloon Ram in Marilyn's Ram tank has contracted ich, we would like to try the salt method instead of medicating we have four other rams in the tank four cories two angels and three golden killies the temp is now at 78 degrees the salt content is 1tbsp per 5 gallons. how much should we raise the temp and how much more salt should we add.

djm761

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2011
I would like to thank Lauraf for the PM and JWright for the reply, this problem was important to us, we didn't want to medicate the ram tank, I think the problem was caused by me for some reason I didn't acclimate the balloon ram slowly I only floated him for 15 minutes and then released him into the tank, I think I should have used the same method I use with cardinals and neon's and slowly add tank water to their bag so they can adjust to the ph, salt, ect and not be shocked when releasd into the tank, But things are going well the ich hasn't spread and the balloon ram is still a strong fish and is now looking better every day. thanks again for the help. Dave

Last edited: