How's my setup?

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
Ok, Here's my 55 that i have set up for discus, with discus in it. Currently i have three. A pidgeon blood, a turquoise, and a red snakeskin. The red is the biggest of the three, and has been in the tank the longest. I got the other two yesterday. Anyway, the red was picking on the smaller guys and i was kinda worried about them. I called my most trusted IFS and talked to the owner about them. ( We call him the fish guru ) Anyway, i told him about the sizes of them and my setup,. and he suggested to create more "habitat" and just add some fakes until i get the lives growing and planted good. So this is how it turned out, and honestly....i like it a whole lot.Just give me opinions on the situation and the tank.

Jan 19, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Your tank looks nice but I don't fancy the idea of having a single discus, and then adding just two more, especially smaller. There's a fair chance he'll hammer them hard,( especially if he's got a mean temperament), and possibly to death. I'd put in 2 or 3 more to spread agression. I have a turquoise who now lives singly as he simply tries to kill any other discus he comes into contact with, and he's good at it.