Hi Everybody!

Oct 22, 2002
Hi everybody!  My name is Tom.  
I am married with three children, 13, 11 and 8 (a girl and two boys respectively.)
I got in to fish back in 1984.  I started with your typical freshwater community.  Gradually, I moved to the more aggressive fish (Arowana, Snakehead and some of my favorites-Central American Cichlids.)  In time, I started a saltwater fish tank, again, with the more aggressive fish (Miniatus Grouper-my all time favorite, Cortez Jewel Moray and Radiata Lion Fish.)  Next, you guessed it, I had a reef tank.  
I've had a lot of fun with aquariums over the years.  As my hobby evolved, I became interested in reptiles.  I started with lizards and have added snakes as well.  In fact, all of my tanks have reptiles in them for now. I am in the process of building a lizard pen, which will enable me to put fish in my 90g.  I'm still not sure whether I will go fresh or saltwater to start.  My family has enjoyed my hobby (well my children anyway.)  My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she loves me anyway.  In fact, she's the one that encouraged me to register here at "My Fish Tank."  I've been checking this site out for the last month and find myself here everyday.  It's a nice place to be.  Thanks MRB for turning me on to this site.  Thanks Johnny for starting it in the first place.  

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi Dr. Nick  ;D

Welcome to the board!!! I hope you like it!!!But, well i am gonna take the easy way out of this and tell you to go to my introduction thread if you want to find out about me bc i don't feel like typing ;D :) ;) ;D :D

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Welcome to the board.  
My progression has been almost like yours except for the reptiles.

Goldfish tank-->Community fishes-->Cichlids-->Piranhas/Arrowanas-->Planted fresh water tanks-->Small community saltwater tank-->Reef tank

Very addictive hobby.  I should have gone a little slower with my reef tank because it got so expensive.  Although none of my corals have died yet.  They are mostly soft corals but will think about SPS and hard corals in the future.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Hey Tom welcome.

I too am progressing like you. I started when I was really young with the guppies and/or platys and then some goldfish in a bowl. But then I quite. Then one day I was in the walmart fish section about 1 year ago and decided to buy a 5.5 gallon and it was one from there. I couldn't wait for more fish so I bought a ten gallon tank and then for Christmas last year my parents got me a 29 gallon. I gave the 5 1/2 to my grandma and now have kept many fish through my tank. I joined here a while ago and I love it. I want reptiles but my parents say no. :( Oh well. I am looking into starting my first saltwater tank soon but no one has really given me the right info I'm looking for at the moment so maybe you can help. :) Well anyways sorry so long just wanted to say hello. Glad to have another member here. ;D 8)