hey, some info please...

herman

Small Fish
Nov 23, 2004
canada
Visit site
i want to set up a 6 gallon saltwater aquarium and have already read the previous posts but was wondering if anyone could break down an equipment list i would need to get it going.

this aquarium is from a previous fish who recently died :(
i have the tank and a canopy but i was wondering what i would have to do about lighting and things like that... ive done a lot of reading but was wondering if someone could break it down for my situation... i was hoping to just get one fish in there with all the necessities... so thanx everyone, any help will do...

i want to get everything i need this weekend because i have the week off and i can get it started. thankyou

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Need more specifics. Do you want to go reef or not? What are the dementions? Gotta know these things before I list some specific equiptment.

herman

Small Fish
Nov 23, 2004
canada
Visit site
sorry, the dimensions are 13" W (from point to point) x 11-1/4" W (from side to side) x 15-1/4" H. im not sure if i want to go reef, i want to be able to only keep one fish in there... also, is it possible to keep a clownfish in a tank like this if done right and not rushed??

thankyou...

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Yeah, it is definatly possible. You might even be able to squeeze a little goby in there too. I would get some live rock, and live sand. ALso a small powerhead or two for water circulation. Becausethe tank is to small a protein skimmer is unnessesary. I think your best bet for lighting would be at www.drsfosterandsmith.com under lighting. They have a mini-aqualight. With this you could even keep a few corals.

herman

Small Fish
Nov 23, 2004
canada
Visit site
ok so, how much live rock and live sand? i will get a powerhead or two. about lighting, if i went to my LFS what would i ask for lighting wise, that way i can go buy it. also, what should i do about filtration?

thanx again

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Probably 5-10lbs of live rock and maybe 5-10lbs of live sand. That should take care of biological filtration. I would just get the powerheads to move it around. Lighting, ask the LFS about compact fluorescents. Give the model name and see if they can or will match the price on the site.