Help, please.

Oct 13, 2006
So lately things have been going wrong in my tank. To begin with, my Mono died, which was like, okay. Not suspicious at all. Then a little while later I walked passed my tank and my Silver Scat starts freaking out, stops, then dies. Then the rest of my fish were fine. And maybe for the past two weeks my Archer has been weird. On the first night my boyfriend and I walked into my room and he was "dead", but not really. We put him in the three way breeder, and over a minute or two, it was fine. But then progressively, every time we walked past or turned on the light, it would flip out, and "die". It was weird because he wouldn't breath or move or anything, then it would just start living again. He was flipped over and everything. But then, yesterday he died. I don't know what's wrong with everything. Help? The P.H. and Ammonia are fine and everything. I just don't understand what's wrong. This has never happened before. Eep!

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I've had a ruby scat freak out and die wile I was trying to net him, but never seen any of my other brackish fish be so skittish. What SG do you keep them in?

Ummm, I just have one word...Overstocked. Ok not really just one word, but, you are seriously overstocked for a 20gal tank. That being said, I doubt seriously that your water params are "fine". Test the water and give us some real numbers, not just fine or ok, then do a large water change, 50% or so, then skip a day and do it again, then test the water and give us the numbers again. This should help get your water params back into "normal" range, the next step you need to take is to either get a larger tank or split the fish into 2 tanks or get rid of some of the fish.