Help! Platy fry and questionable pregnancy...

Aug 16, 2011
My platy just recently gave birth to 7 little fry. Will she have more soon? Should I put her back into the breeding box or not? And when should I put the grown-up fry into the tank with the others? I only have other platys in there and a few tiger barbs, plus a betta and a pleco. Anyway, is my other platy pregnant? It's colored black so I can't see the fry's eyes...HELP! I appreciate any comments. THANK YOU. Citrus's Fry - August 17th, 2011. First batch ever! 016.jpg

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
With that many platys you are sure to have more fry than you will know what to do with. What I do is just leave everything to nature. I do have a patch of plastic grass mat and lots of other artificial and real plants. I do not know how many were born this last time, but I saw two and within three weeks they are swimming with the "big boys". My personal feeling has been moving things around just causes more stress, both for the female and then again for the fry when you reintroduce them. This is just meant to be a friendly comment from my experience.