HELP!! Oranda Goldfish with Dropsy!!

Feb 1, 2011
Apx. 5 weeks ago i noticed my daughters fish Lucy ( 5 year old orange Oranda) looked to be bloated.

I immediately did a water change (50%) and started her on pima pix and meta pix since I could not see any signs of diseased areas on her body or fin rot.

with in a week her scales bagan to stand up ( i know now known as pineconing) and realized it was dropsy. This is my first experiance with this disease also. i am by no means a fish expert.

I started her on interal parasite medication as well as antibiotic fish food and continued the pima and meta pix since from what I read Dropsy is secondary to another disease.

Her bloating began to decrease and she was looking better until 3 days ago when it came back and worse (right side) her scales are pine coned again and now a few of her scales look bubbled.

I stated adding epsom salt to the tank 1 tsp per 10 gal ( she is in 20 gal tank). I also started giving her "salt baths" while I am doing her watr changes which I have been doing twice a week.

She does not have any spotting, discoloration, trouble swimming (unless she swims straight up she tends to roll over on her back) but she is right her self or prevent herself from turning over completly. She is eating although she is NOT fond of the antibiotic food.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions that I am not curently doing?
I have heard of ppl using needle aspiration to ecrease swelling; raising the water rapidly and emptying eveything from the tank ( I am hesitant to do this bc I dont want to stress her further).

I am going to the fish store near my house today to get Maracyn 2 and see if i can find Romet B.

PLEASE PLEASE I would appreciate any advice at this point!!