Help drilling a tank

Jan 9, 2009
Owensboro, KY
Is there anyone in western Kentucky or southern Indiana that would be interested in drilling a 125 gal and installing overflows, not real confident about drilling myself, I'm going to break the tank down and start over, with a sump system, kind of scared to use a HOB overflow, If anyone is interested just PM me a price, Thanks in advance

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I might look around for any local glass / plastic manufacturers in the area. Give them a call and see what they say about drilling. With all the industry out there I would figure there would be at least one or two that might be willing to talk to you about this.

I'm almost 100% sure that my 75 gallon is a Perfecto, either way it's still got a little tag on the bottom pane that specifies that the bottom pane of glass is tempered.

Good Luck

Jan 9, 2009
Owensboro, KY
I called Perfecto today and she said just the bottom would be tempered. I said, "So it will be ok the drill the back panel?" Her answer was "All I can tell you sir is that the bottom is the only tempered part." LOL Orion, have you drilled your 75? I hate to ask so many questions I just want to re-do this tank and do it right this time,

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
LOL. I guess they have to say that to cover their butt. If they said 'sure drill it', then it cracked they might be able to be held liable.

No my 75 isn't drilled. I run 2 canister filers on it. There is also a place, Glasscages.com - Home that's somewhere around Nashville that builds custom and standard tanks. So if you wanted to take the tank for a long ride, they could probably drill it for you.

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
LOL. I guess they have to say that to cover their butt. If they said 'sure drill it', then it cracked they might be able to be held liable.
Lmao, you got that right Orion. they don't dare give advice, just the facts.

I watched a video on youtube of a guy drilling his tank and didn't seem to bad, you just need to go slow and take your time. i don't know what the bit would cost as compaired to the price having it drilled but if a bit is considerably cheaper i'm thinking about drilling my 40 gal one day.

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Whiskers, if you decide to get it drilled get ahold of me. I am getting my 55 drilled soon and will have searched the entire Mid MI. I too thought of doing it myself, but am not too sure I could do it right. Good luck finding someone.

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
I will have to check them out whiskers, thanks.

Sorry to have hijacked thread there. I looked on youtube and watched it done a couple times and it didn't look extremely difficult to drill yourself. It is just paying the $15 for the bit and you can actually get an entire set less than $100.