Have a Salt Tank In the Past But No More?

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
I love salt tanks...but I too gave up on them.  I had a 38 gallon.  You know the part of the hood in the back that is open?  Well....my walls were ruined because of it.  Just the small amout of mist that would come up out of there made a huge mess.  Left salt deposits and bubbled up the wall.  When I moved it I had to sand down the wall, fill it with spackalting and repaint the entire room!!  What a mess!!  So, to anyone starting a salt tank, I recoment putting a piece of clear plexi-glass on the wall behind your tank.  It will save you a lot of trouble!!!!

Amy

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
he's got a 60gallon...he had to break it down recently because of a red algae infestation...so now he's rebuilding his tank. so i get to help out and it's not costing me anything. haha. but it's fun. we just started to cure his liverock in a tub and he just added some live sand into the tank.

Oct 22, 2002
Great idea Amy, I had to do some wall sanding myself :-[ ;D

Hey Arcab, it's great when you can spend someone else's money. ;)That cursed red slime algae, I don't know how many times I battled it. >:( I believe that's what got the best of me in the end. :(There must be a better way to get rid of it but I didn't know of any. ::)Next time I'll be ready. >:( ;D

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
actually..the red slime disappeared when we replaced the bulbs...the bulbs were getting old so it was putting out a spectrum of light that the red slime strived on...replaced the light and all gone!