guppy looks weird..

Ldin

Small Fish
Feb 25, 2003
Visit site
my guppies had a big stomic for a while now, just today seems like her tail is weighin her down, like its an odd shape, her boyds up but like after her stomic the tail just sinks, is that normal?

sinasster

Large Fish
Nov 21, 2002
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Visit site
in my experience when the tail starts sagging the fish will be dead within a week. You best you can do is make sure your tank is in prime condition, and hope for the best. The sagging tail is an advanced stage of stress, and by this point its hard to cure. As for the big stomach... aside from the obvious pregnant female. your male probably has dropsey. again your fish is going to die.

You can spend alot on medicine but is it really worth trying to save a $2 fish. You should just take this as a learning experience and work to keeping better care of future fish.

I find that guppies are very sensative to overcrowding. so make sure you dont have more than the general rule of 1" of fish per gallon of water.... MAX

Edit...

I just re-read your post and you said "her" meaning pregnant. so on a happier note shes probably just stuffed with fry thats weighing her down. If your new to this than get ready for lots of fish

Last edited: