Got Pair?

Gnome

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Shadow Moses Island
RED, I Just Bought a pair of discus From Discman at aquabid,
it is Bluish Red Turq SS (male)X Reddish Red Turq SS (Female).
the first two weeks in my 29 gallon planted tank, they spawned but unfortunately the lost control to locate the wriggles, the wriggles lost between the gravels, so I ahd to remove them to 15 BBT to make sure this time they can make it, actually this Pair was bought for display purposes only but after seeing the pair can get to the wriggle phase, which is I hardly imagine w/ my hard water (9 GH) softened by water softener pillow by AP, so I decided to try to breed them :) see if they can make it in my 15 gallon BBT.

this one in my 29g planted tank.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2002
Edmonton
photos.yahoo.com
Wow! Beautiful discus! Congrats and again congrats on the spawning. 2 weeks hey? Must be a good breeder. How much for the pair? Keep us posted! Where abouts do you live btw? Maybe I could snatch some off you when they're about 1-2"? Im only dreaming but worth a try!

Good luck!

Gnome

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Shadow Moses Island
Thank you RED :D
Yeah, I glad I bought them, I fell in love as I saw them ( Pics of them actually :p ) so I bought them for 160, it was 150 at first but somebody bid them and I outbid him at the last minute hehe by ten bucks:cool:
I live in East Lansing, Michigan USA
Well I don't mind if you're willing to come here all the way from canada just to get some Disc babies, Hopefully they and the fry can make it this time (keeping my fingers crossed)...0ohhh just as I'm typing this the pair is spawning!!....:eek: jezzz talk about the devil! well I have to go to take some pics, cause I missed the first time..I will keep you posted.

Last edited:

Gnome

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Shadow Moses Island
LOL
Red, I turn off all the filter , so the male can fertilize the egg successfully,

Oh yeah Red, when I should put some maroxy? after he done fertilizing or a several hours later?
Red, if you want buy some pair, check discman, Hopefully he still have discus pair he want to get rid off, well check them often cause you'll never know..also hepdiscuscenter is also good but they're expensive, well I guess considering the quality hehe.