good bye a$$ hole

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
Well my green sunfish lovingly named a$$ hole by my ex girlfriend finally died tonight after 2 years. he stopped eating for over a month and had a growth on one side. I thought it was a tumor of some kind. well after he died i did some exploring and filleted out that one side. I started cutting inot the mass from the back side towards the scales. as soon as i got through to it a massive amount of yellow bloody puss came out of it. so somehow he managed to get an infection under his skin and i'm pretty sure that's what killed him. but on the plus side i do have an empty unheated 30 gallon tank to mess with now.

kinza

New Fish
Mar 6, 2015
Your nano can be as small as 1 gallon or as large as 40. Anything larger than a ten gallon is best placed on a stand designed to hold the tank's weight. Often small tanks come as part of a kit which includes the stand.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I don't have any kinda emotional attatchment to my fish. if it was my dog i don't think i could cut her open after she dies lol. I don't mean to say i don't care for my fish, I want to provide them with the healthiest life they can have in as natural of a setting that i can provide. but when a fish dies it's more like dang i spent 20 bucks on that fish. then i toss it out behind the house for my cat or coons to eat. this green sunfish was actually left over bait from a night of flathead fishing. it was the sole survivor so figured what the hell lol.

As for plans for the tank i'm thinking about trying to catch a couple young pumpkinseeds like in my pic. A local lake is full of them. I just never had a place to put them since my green sunfish was so insanely aggressive, and the pumpkinseeds are to aggressive for any other fish i have. So thats the plan for this tank. just need to figure out how to decorate it. I'm a fan of natural looking tanks so think I'll go that route. maybe do another 3d background.