getting back into discus

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
well, its been decided i will be staying at home after all.
meanin i can keep my tank up, meaning....i can start putting some more money into it
:)

picked up a wild discus, thought i would give them another try. she is doing good, but being stubborn about eating on a regular basis. i hope by the end of the week to have either three more blue wilds like her or to be getting some from a breeder i got my other ones from.

needing to redo the tank as well, most of my plants all died and i miss the foilage.

will have some pictures of her later when the lights go on. seeing how she does wit a fire eel that a friend gave to me.

sphed

Large Fish
Feb 14, 2007
Mixing a fire eel with Discus, sounds like a bright idea. Looks like you havent learned anything from your past experiences.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
guess not, sphed :) its a good thing i dont go making these mistakes with all my fish tanks :)

so the fire eel sticks to his little tube and doesnt seem interested in ever leavin it. him and the BGK are getting along well and he stopped following around my discus like a lost puppy

got another blue wild and a smallish brilliant something or other...names are really unimportant to me since they all seem to be mutts anymore.

doing great, eating well, and starting to beg. suprisingly even the wild ones will come up when they see me coming :)

will have some pictures when i figure out how to get them off the cam...meaning my sister decided to break my SD card adaptor -.-

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
mk so full tank shot before revamp

full tank shot after. eel pulled up some plants

fire eel, he is about 13" or so...maybe bigger. big sweetie though. will come up whenever i feed the fish and almost takes ghost shrimp out of my hand :)

the discus, not many pictures yet. camera died

kinda blurry but her colors show really really nicely...the red spots and the blue made her hard to resist gettin :)

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
the fire eel may have to go
he is a big sweetie and doesnt mess with anything, doesnt even eat my smallest kuhliis :)
he keeps tearing up the tank even though he has plenty of hiding places and its startin to get a bit annoying redoing everything all the time.

going to look at some discus from a breeder in KCK i have known for awhile. i got my others from him and hes a good guy that will gimme a deal. thinkin about pickin up another wild that has a lot of blue in it

and c-man. i will have to ask about who we get the wilds from cause im not really sure.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
dont really wanna ship a 12" eel :) he may be going to a person for store credit but dont know yet as he is mainly freshwater.

expect some pictures monday...i plan on buyin a couple more than looked promisin or another wild