Fry!!!!

Snipz

Small Fish
Aug 7, 2003
T.Dot O.Dot
Visit site
Hey..i Just got Platy babies:D :D ...i came home and there i saw 7 babies..ok just have 2 questions..

1) How many days does a fry need for full size?
2) Wat should i feed da fry?

If any one hav info play reply thanks:D *celebrate

Last edited:

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
You should do a search...I believe these question have been asked in this forum several times lately...

Short answer is that live food is best for fry if you want to set up a brine shrimp hatchery or buy them.

You can use a tiny piece of yolk of a hardboiled egg smashed up into water and drop it in for them.

Or the most popular and cheap way is to crush/powder flake food for them.

Not sure specifically how fast platies grow...but as soon as they're big enough that they won't fit in the parents mouth you can return them to the tank. For my guppies it was about a month.

valdok

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
val.textdrive.com
i have baby platies, about 2 months old, and they're about a third of the size of their parents, they're about 2/3 of an inch long, a 1/3 of an inch high. actually i just had my second batch of fry a few days ago... and the babies are really tiny, smaller than i remember.

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
there is also a special food for babies from hagen and it is a very fine powder even small enough to fit into newborn bettas mouths. My friend has it and her baby mollies grew up really fast.:D hope this helped

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
yup just take the egg yolk after you boiled it and then put it into a little tupperware container add alittle bit of water mash it up. When you want to feed them just take a toothpick dip the tip in the container(be careful not to take to much)dip the tip into the tank and you'll have happy babies:D