Freshwater preadatory sharks

Madkap

New Fish
May 22, 2004
CA
Visit site
I read a post on another site from someone who kept 5 Columbian Sharks in one tank with no other fish....that they will become more aggresive this way. So if you were to feed the 5 Sharks some small fish like guppies or tetras you would see some aggressive eating.

Feb 26, 2005
LIsten i have 4 columbian catfish/shark, and they are preditory, i have had them for about 4 years now. when i first got them they were 2 inches,
now i have them in a 120 gallon tank (brackish) with 2 monos and a puffer fish
now they are 12 inches long i will try to get picture of them.
but when they were about 4 inches long i fead them minows, and ghost shrimp, now
i feed them Comet gold fish once a week along with other foods, but these guys if kept in good water conditions and start feeding them live food early will kill anything that goes in the tank now. but its almost a complete salt water tank now since they enjoy it. So start feeding early and they will be trained to kill.

knowyNc

New Fish
Mar 4, 2005
iv'e never herd of them or seen them before,
awsome looking fish and yes they do look like a shark, please give me more info on where and how he found them,. anything other than Lfs ?
im on the east coast an i understand most really neat fish come in the west coast biz,i have never herd of or seen anything like that fish.
i just got me an american eel about 20 inches and about a half dollar in size,. if you wanna see mean and big , check out a full grown american eel feeding,. that a special,.
cld you offer info on how much ur friend said he paided for one?
and i wounder if i paided shippin wld anyone send me one ?
knowy