Freecycle

Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
just a little tip for some that dont have a ton of money to spend on decor.. tank supplies and such... yahoo.com has a group called Freecycle.. it's broekn up in states and cities.. i'm sure most fo you know about it, but if not and you find one by your area.. there's tons of peopel giving away old tanks and supplies in my area oddly enough...

it's @ Yahoo.com you have to sign up and you type in yoru city or state with the word freecycle in the search for groups...

just thought i'd throw in some 2 cents

R0UNDEYEZ

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Hey thats cool ! I just joined a group for my town and I emailed a guy about a 30 gallon tank he was trying to get rid of! Hopefully he still has it..
Thanks for the awesome link Perfectangel. :)

Aug 20, 2005
Florida
www.myspace.com
maybe not right now.... it comes and goes.. and new people find out about a way to get rid of unwanted junk without throwing it away all the time.. so if you need something to get rid of.. and not worth selling.. maybe someone else needs it... and vise versa...

i'm glad you all enjoyed the idea :) sure hope you get that Tank Roundeyez...

Twoluvcats.. maybe not right now.. but you never know.. that's the beauty of the place :)

wow i feel all useful for a moment... okay.. moment has passed :)

hyunelan2

Large Fish
Jun 1, 2005
Near Chicago, IL
If you check your freecycle options, you can choose not to receive email - then you don't have to worry about the flood of mail.

I've been on freecycle for a while (mainly used it to get rid of stuff after the wedding and before/after moving).

Unfortunately, I just missed a 44g corner with stand and equipment that someone gave away for free this past Saturday. Darn!

There's 3 local groups in my area, but one of them (more snobby area) does not allow any wanted/offers with live fish. So on that one you can aquire/clear equipment, but not if it has fish with it.