Flame Angel (Centropyge Ioriculus)

kevinrs

Small Fish
Sep 14, 2004
Visit site
i just changed the water in my tank, and my Flame Angel, started laying on his side in my tank, i put him in another tank, and he was fine, do u know if anything is wrong with the tank, it is 73 degrees farenheight, all the nitrite, nitrate, amonia, hardness, salt, ph level, and alkalinity are fine. is there any thing wrong with him, or do Flame Angels swim on there sides at night??? all the other fish were fine, after the water change.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
was the water you put in the same pH, temp, and salinity? how large a water change did you do? what kind of filtration did you use on your new water? is there perhaps ammonia/nitrite/nitrate in your new mixed water? did you remember dechlor?

its hard to know if there is anything possibly wrong without more accurate test results than "everything is fine"

73 is on the cold side for a SW tank...

this is not normal behavior imo

kevinrs

Small Fish
Sep 14, 2004
Visit site
yes the water was the same ph, temp, and salinity, 1/3 of the tank change, i bought the new water from a store, there is no ammonia/nitrite/nitrate , but the angel fish is fine now, i put him back and e seems to be doing ok.