Fish, Gecko and Ice edition

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Here's a bunch of photo's since it's been a while. ;)

Starting with my juvie Gold Saum. This guy isn't growing as fast as I figured, but then compared with the growth rate of an oscar about anything else would be slow lol. He is still being a little terror to the rest of the tank, so I'm probably going to move the Blue Acara's out to their own tank soon.

Next is our dear sweet Leopard Gecko Nelix. If she's big enough to sex, then she is a female. Between all the shedding and growing, all her physical changes have been rather subtle until we went back and looked at photo's of her back in the fall when we first got her. Then we realized just what a huge difference there was! I would say she's about doubled her size. Back then she looked so small and almost sickly compared to her chunky self now lol.

This was back in the fall:

This was a few weeks ago:

Sort of an idea of her size on my hand last fall:

On my hand again a few weeks ago:

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
I managed to venture out and take some photo's of icicles on the side of a hill a few weeks back after Kentucky got the pleasure of a pretty good ice storm. I won't post all of them, but these are some of my favorites.

The rest of them are here:
Gallery - Scenery

And a special Thank You to my pregnant wife who ventured out with me in the cold and ice to take these photo's *celebrate

PerenGee

Large Fish
Sep 20, 2008
San Diego
Very nice! Crazy changes with that gecko! And pardon my ignorance but is that Gold Saum a special type of Green Terror? Because my friend's dad breeds some Green Terrors but they certainly don't look as beautiful as yours!

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
PerenGee - I have no idea if he's a special type or not. I would say no if I had to guess. I didn't even mean to actually get him. I walked into Petsmart one day and saw 5 juvie Blue Acara's and bought them all up, only to find out a bit later that one of them wasn't quite like the others lol.

Yeah that Ice storm was interesting. Thankfully we never lost power or any other useful utility. Our internet was up and down (mostly down) for about a week, but that was the worst of it for us. Lots of neat photo's from it.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Wow Nelix has grown into a beauty. And it looks like you have been taking good care of him/her with their sheds, his little toes are perfect. It's so tough when they are babies and they shed, unless they are provided with a nice moist humid hide they are at risk of loosing their digits while shedding :)

My money says Nelix is a boy :)

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Haha, I'm going with Unic for now :p I've not been able to hold the feller down for any good shots of the underbelly yet.

We've not done much in terms of taking an active roll in the sheds. We've got one of those large fake rock hides with moss part way over the heat pad. I try to keep it moist all the time, and pay extra attention to the hide when I see him getting pale getting ready for a shed.

And the coolest thing, is he doesn't use his cool hide for a hide, but for the bathroom! We don't have to look at poo, and he had a private bathroom lol

TMony

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2008
Nice pics . . . love the leopard gecko. I had one for about 25 years. They are great little pets. Mine would follow my voice when I came into the room.