first spring pic

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
its about spring is here to stay.i dont think i lost any thing over the winter(plants or fish). this is a wide angle shot of the pond.

in about three weeks everything should up and showing color.

Dino

Large Fish
Mar 3, 2007
90 degrees north
Very nice.
What is thr gallonage onthe pond?
Also, what is blooming ( red)?
Nice border plants too, very good looking mapel and conifers.
What type of weeping plant ( spruce? ceder?) is that in the left of the picture?

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
thanks dino, from left to right. weeping norway spruce(tall just about in pic), dwarf gold tip hinoki cypress,dragon eye(Pinus thunbergii), and a weeping hemlock over the waterfall box.the red are two big old azalea's in the back round and the pond is about 1500 to 1700gal. I will post some more in a couple of weeks. steve

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
what a difference 4 weeks makes. I had to trim some of the shrubs back to see the back round plants.It was late in the day, all the lily flowers were closed.I took this pic with a ultra wide lens thats why it has the fish-eye look.steve

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
it is looking fantastic!! boy, this is certainly one of the first things on my list when i buy a house...

what do you have in the pond? fish-wise, mainly? is it all goldfish, any koi? just bein nosy really :)

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
That... is... beautiful! I love the tropical lily- absolutely remarkable. Would you min if I saved that picture on my computer? It would make an excellent desktop photo...

Beautiful pond man. Absolutely well done.