Electric Blue Lobster Info Please?!

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
Hi! i need to know if you can keep electric blue lobster with kribs, tiger barbs, and community fish!
Thank you guys:)*SUNSMILE*

radmobile

Small Fish
Feb 8, 2009
Those lobsters (actually crayfish) can't really be kept with fish. They'll usually kill the fish while they sleep.
I'm sure it depend on individual lobsters (crayfish etc)
My electric blue lived in several different tanks throughout its lifespan and never caught a fish, The fish were never smaller than a platy. The lobster would try to catch them all the time but never succeeded, maybe it was terrible at hunting.

thats my personal experience not fact *thumbsups

jingles

Medium Fish
Jan 28, 2009
Auburn, AL
Females are more aggressive than males. Thats why some people have better results than others(I also think it has to do with how they were raise but I'm not an expert). Crayfish are scavengers and they will eat anything(fish, plants, and anything else they can get there claws on) so go with lotus' advice. Crayfish are really fun to watch though. Also the smaller the crayfish the less of the threat. There are dwarf blues and non dwarf blue. I think only the red,white,orange, and blues are dwarf but I'm not sure. Crayfish are NOT good community species.